No, don't eat a hat, felt one for your boiled egg.
Keep your egg warm and cozy with a woolly hat. This is so simple and effective at keeping eggs snugly that if you're a boiled egg lover you'll run around cutting arms off jumpers.
1. Felt a 100% wool jumper or cardigan in a wash of at least 60 degrees celsius (140 F) with a small amount of laundry soap for wool washes. (I used a child's size 5 cardigan, the felted width was perfect for the cozies but an adult garment would work too, just sew all the way down to the bottom on both sides of the curve for the desired width.)
2. When it's dry, cut the sleeves off to make several cozies, or just cut a 10 cm length off the bottom. (Every other bit of the remaining cardigan will be used for more projects.)
3. Trim the end into a curve shape and machine or hand stitch along the curve to close up the top of the hat.
4. Turn the hat inside-out and stitch a small pom-pom to the top of the hat.
5. Turn up the bottom of the hat to make a cuff, then pop it on a perfect, four-minute boiled egg.
Adults and children alike would enjoy the simplicity of this project. A pair of these would be a sweet addition to a little Valentine breakfast tray, just remind your hubby to use them when he makes it;)