PLEASE NOTE: You must have an email address to receive the pattern, not simply a Typepad profile. Also, click on the Embroidery and Applique pattern button at the top right to view other free patterns.
EDIT: The contest is now over but this pattern is still available as a PDF via email with a donation - find it here. PDFs usually arrive within 24hrs.
I've had this little happy image in my head for a while and finally got it stitched. When I finished it made me smile so I thought maybe I'd spread the cheer.
While I was at it I thought why not have a little Christmas contest to celebrate this crafting season (although some may prefer celebrating with a bit of stiff egg nog or in these parts warm mulled wine.)
So all those who comment on this post will receive the PDF pattern by email and also be entered into a contest to receive these goodies.
The winner will receive:
- a blank, pure Irish linen tea towel
- selection of embroidery floss to create the "Tree Family" design
- a felted wool flower brooch
- two heart shaped pieces of felted wool, perfect for an embroidered sachet like these
- an assortment of vintage buttons
- a kit to make one of these peg fairies
- a felt photo travel frame similar to this
- one vintage lace doily
I will pick a name from a hat or figure out one of those random number generator thingamabobs on Monday, November 17, soon enough to hopefully avoid the hectic Royal Mail Christmas post.
I'll continue to give away the PDF of this Tree Family design after the contest is over to anyone who comments.